Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sometimes Running is the Answer

Well Hi!

Today was a good day - mostly.

Kemper and Hillary helped distract me today. I was really sad that my parents had left just yesterday - I've learned that the best thing to do for me - is to go running!!

But first - I slept late today. I managed to sleep in till about ten thirty. Then after that I took my time waking up and I had a nice bagiel with cream cheese. Then I decided to go over to Kemper's flat and see what was up for the day.

We didn't really have plans like we normally do for the weekend...but we did go grocery shopping for her groceries. I did all that and laundry yesterday - I feel like I had a domestic day.

After that Kemper and I decided it was high time to have lunch at Benito's Hat. We invited Hillary and we all went and had burritos and such for lunch. It was absolutely lovely and pretty cheap. Then, after that we went to Waitrose to get things to bake for the evening. We decided a good way to end our fall break was to bake something...

So we baked a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and pink and blue icing. We let everyone get involved with the icing decorations. It was really fun.

I should backtrack though, we did decide to drink a little tonight. I found fuller's Honey Dew (which is a london brewed golden beer) on sale at Sainsbury's. I got some and we all just chilled in the flat together drinking and baking things. It was actually quite nice.

Before any of this happened I went and ran for about an hour. It was so nice to just run by Big Ben. It's refreshing and a good sense of my alone happy 'dolphin'/'endorphin' time. I really, really enjoyed it. It helped me take my mind off of the fact that I miss my parents like crazy already.

I'm glad to know that they arrived home safely.

Let's see - what else? I miss Johnny Gately. Wish I could talk to him now - but I know he's on Fall Break with his family - so I'll do my best to be patient. Tomorrow, I'm planing the rest of the daytrips I have whilst I'm here - Liverpool, Oxford, Scotland, and so on...

Guess what - something like 46 days until I fly back to the states. Not bad, eh?

I miss you guys more than you know. Sorry this post is kind of scattered and short - but today was an easy day and I'm doing my best to get re - acquainted with London without my parentals.

Miss you.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Z - I enjoyed reading your posts whilst your parents were there. That is so great that they got to come over and see your world. Those are memories you will have forever. Drinking and baking sounds fun and so grown up. When you turn 21, we will have to visit some pubs around here. Enjoy the rest of your week and stop counting the days! Just live in the moment. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping up with the blog! I'm glad you like it. I miss my parents dearly, but seriously, every time I go for a run I think I could maybe, MAYBE, like London a little more. Are there any pubs in Little Rock? I wouldn't even know. Haha. I'm working on the moment thing! I miss the daily record - is it alright for me to send you a postcard there or should I send it to your home address? ;)

    ReplyDelete