Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Treasure Hunt for my Parents

Hey GUESS WHAT?

My parents are here. This will be a short post because I am going to go stay with them in their hotel soon. It's about eleven something here and I'm waiting to talk to Johnny.

But. Today I had my politics class midterm and that went pretty well. I was almost the last one in there writing entirely too much I'm sure. Eh. What can I do? I write like a maniac.

I got Gramner's email, luckily, that my parents would be about two hours later that I thought in their arrival...so I had all this antsy time to wait on them after class. Kemper and I wen to this pretty decent little Italian sandwich shop. I got a good chicken bacon mushroom thingy.

After that we went to McDonalds and I got a McFlurry. I don't know what possessed me to do that...but hey. You gotta do what you gotta do and I wanted some ice cream!

Anywho after that I helped Kemper pack a little bit for her trip to Ireland over the break. Well, we went over a checklist for a while and then I went to the Rusell Hotel. I was so nervous because it's nice looking and I walked in to the desk reception area and asked for a note. WELL...I finally got the lady to realize what was going on and go get the note.

It was all sealed in an envelope like official business and had my name on it 'Becca Bona.' It said simply, "Bic meet us in Russel Sqaure." Which is a park right across the street from the hotel. Well, I had to go through two traffic lights to get there, and I finally got there and walked into the square like a spaz! They saw me long before I saw them and started waving. I didn't even care that I was being very un-London - I ran at them and gave Mom a hug and hit Dad on the shoulder.

I AM SO GLAD TO GET TO SEE THEM. I already have taken them to two pubs. Haha. I wouldn't let them go to sleep because although they thought it was around nine am it was really two-ish. SO - we went and got pub-grub at the Shakespeare's Head. It's a chain pub, but they have decent food. After that I took them to the Angel which has my favourite beer in all of London so far. It was neat because we discovered that during the day it has a nice little terrace that you can sit out on.

Today the weather was nice so that was extremely nice. Anywho after all that we went back to the hotel and moved me in - we had to get a different room so I could have a bed.

MORE later. I'm sooooo tired. But I GOT TO TALK TO JOHNNY!

Miss you guys! Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to talk to Mommy finally. They were supposed to call when they got there but I knew I would hear from you if they didn't make it. We had a busy day but I thought about you all the whole day. Jesse is good. We are going to the zoo this weekend and going to Branson on Thursday. The new Target at midtown opens on Sunday so that is exciting. I hope you like your BD present. Have fun sweet baby. I know you will.......Gramner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my last post! UGH!! I think I said, I love you, I'm really glad you got to see Mom and Dad, but also very jealous. I'm missing them to! :( Oh well I'll have my own fun w/ Gramner and Grandad . Just promise me you'll bring me back some cool, neat litle, exotic trinket. Love you,
    Jess
    .PS. Don't let Mom and Dad go to too many pubs late at night,(It does stuff to ya!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I got to talk to both of you today. We're missing you guys like crazy.

    Jess I promise mom and dad are very sensible adults and can handle anything - even a little old pub.
    Also - have so much fun at Branson! I am jealous madame!

    Gramner - I love you! I'm glad you weren't too worried. I wish you could be here too. You'll have to check the target out for me. :)

    ReplyDelete