Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hot Dog Vendor

Today was Wednesday...and Wednesday is my busy day! I had sooooo much today. I had a presentation for Art and Architecture and I had to turn in a paper for Shakespeare.

Wooo. I know this sounds like a normal amount of work, but for me, it was a bit of a mess. I've been used to assignments with breaks in between them...but now that I have FIFTEEN days until I come home...well, we have to cram everything into the final stretch here.

Homework update: I have started on my Beatles presentation and have written half of my paper so far. I have decided on a topic for my final Shakespeare paper. I am doing alright on my Riddley Walker paper which is due next week. I also enjoyed Man for All Seasons, which is a political play...and I have to write a paper on that...I'll keep you updated. I think I plan on doing that this weekend. What else? I just have to worry about my Art and Architecture final...who knows where that could lead me...

So more to today. I got up early and got all ready to meet Kemper and HIllary outside. We had to be at the Tate Britain at ten to start our presentations. I had to go last. I picked a female artist who did what is called a 'wordscape.' It looks like this: http://freeartlondon.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/6pxqjmt83ij0lsb88xnjtsleo1_500.jpg, but it is actually entitle "Top Gun." It's her interpretation of the movie Top Gun. I think it's great because it's all words. How ironic is it to call a block of words a piece of art? I LOVED it. I hope my presentation was up to the high standards...however....

The paper I turned in for Shakespeare was something Ms. Smith would have enjoyed...so I don't think I'll be too worried about that. I think it's lovely that I've spent at least half of my post already focused on homework and such. Sheesh.

Between my two classes I literally ran to the Hot Dog vendor right outside the British Museum. Mom and Dad will remember how good those vendors all smell? Well I couldn't help it. I've been waiting almost three full months to try one of those things...so I bought two. I ate one as I walked back to my flat and I ate the other in Kemper's flat with Hillary. Oh my goodness it was a little piece of Heaven! However, it was not quite the same as a Hotdog that you get from the baseball game at the ball park...sad day. That is mostly what I was expecting... :(

Let's see...after Jean's class I came back to the flat and listened to the Beatles and wrote half o my paper. Then Kemper, Hillary and I went to Benito's Hat. I got a huge burrito for dinner and tried to pretend like it was legitimate Tex-Mex. It was pretty good, I mean, Benito's really can't go wrong.

After that we came back and chilled in Kemper's flat and tried to read the paper and study up for Pub Quiz. Pub Quiz at the College Arms (which is our home base pub) is always so fun. I don't know why, we never win. In fact, every single time we have come in last place. First our team name was Turtles, then we were Team Latin for Fail, and this week we were Team This Didn't Work Out Either...Needless to say...we came in last.

However, I contributed two correct answers this week. I knew that the Beatles' first number one hit in the US was "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." I also knew who David Mitchell was...JOHNNY GATELY! So there we go! I know useless trivia!

Haha. I had a good day today. After the Liverpool fail, however, I think most days are good days. And the good news is, I come home in FIFTEEN days. That is literally almost just two weeks away. I hope you guys are ready for me!

I miss you!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Wow,well I can't believe it but I'm actually commenting before Gramner today. Yay! Rawr! Well, I'm so glad your counting down the days because everybody else around here is to.

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's funny where do i know david mitchell from?? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - I'm still counting! I miss you.

    Johnny - If it weren't for you...and crazy TV shows I'd be oh so lost! Miss you cutie.

    ReplyDelete