Monday, November 22, 2010

"Nothing's gonna change my world...Nothing's gonna change my world..."

Well it's Monday, which is like my Sunday...and wow. Just ten more days and then I come home. Tomorrow we'll be in the single digits!

I'm listening to the Beatles. I'm giving my presentation tomorrow and I'm excited. I worked really hard on this thing and I'll be glad to have it over with and glad to present. I had a lot of fun doing all the research and such.

Well...let's get today out shall we?

This morning I woke up around nine thirty and got all ready to run only to discover that Johnny Gately was still awake...so I had a nice morning chat with him and then I went on my morning run. It was nice this morning, although a bit colder than it has been. I feel like I say that everyday, but that's because that's how I feel it's getting to be FOR REAL this time.

After running I showered and got ready for an intense day of study. I feel like all I do lately is that - study. And when I say study I mean write papers...Haha.

I met Kemper and we decided that we wanted to go and study in our classroom in the class building. Well, this was a great idea, except that you can't get internet there! UGH. So we worked for a while (Hillary had to go to the Library because she NEEDED internet for her paper...) and then we ended up doing homework in Kemper's flat.

I suppose we've been spending a lot of time inside lately, but that's partly ok with me because it's miserable to go outside.

But I finished my paper and powerpoint. I'm sure Dad will want to see it, haha. :)

But more importantly - I got three letters today! Mom, Dad, and Jess sent me each a letter. Boy, do I feel special! So...I opened Dad's letter and it had some money and a couple of tube cards! YES!

I opened Jess's and there was an amazing drawing of Simba in there! I'm telling you, if you lived somewhere cold you'd have to have a cat for a pet so you could cuddle with it at nighttime. :)

Then I opened Mom's and found a couple more moneys so as Dad says, "I hope this relieves the stress" - the good news is - I went out to dinner tonight! In Soho. We went to this 'pop-up' restaurant. I really liked my burger and fries, although there was some miscommunication between the waiter and us...I enjoyed eating out. I think I'll miss just walking to Soho and looking at the menus outside trying to figure out where to eat.

I meant to make my green things tonight and then freeze them for cooking on Thanksgiving day, but I didn't really have the energy to get them all ready...so I'll have to probably do that tomorrow.

I had some of Kemper's amazing dessert stuff from last night. It was so good! So now I'm laying here in the hallway all full thinking I"ll work on some postcards. I miss you guys!

Mom, Dad, and Jess, you have no idea how much the letters made me smile today...and it wasn't just the money but I felt really special. Thanks for taking the time for each of you guys to write me one. :) I love you guys.

Alright well ten days...almost nine by my time...SO. Get ready!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Becca well today is Monday! UGH! But, on the bright side I've only got a two day week because I'm out the 24-28 for Thanksgiving. I'm making aN apple, pecan and coconut cream pie for Thanksgiving. Yum. We'll all miss you not being here on Thanksgiving, but maybe we could figure a way for me to skype you or something. Me and Grand dad are still looking for mattresses for the lake.
    Love you,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a busy day today. Grocery shopping for turkey day. I also have some errands for Mumsy and I am still cleaning. I am making the rolls today because they can stay in the fridge for up to five days. I'm glad you all are having Thanksgiving. It will make it easier for all of you. Is everyone else as glad to be coming home as you are? I need to go to the book store and the hippie store. I'm waiting for you to go with me. I want to see the ring you bought. Thats a good thing to have to remember your trip by. Only 8 days. I love you ....Gramner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Baby!
    So frustrating to type on Jessie's computer. Oh well if only anything worked. We miss you! I hope your dinner went well. I will tell you I am not missing the English food. Sounds like you are enjoying your final days in jolly old England. Oh no no more battery. Have fun be safe.
    Love Mumsy

    ReplyDelete